CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Where in the world is Ishigaki Island?

So, here we are, through another week and I have yet to post anything that I have been planning on in the past few days. IF I have the chance, you will get some video of the International Festival we went to this weekend AND a video of Olivia and Alessandra. AND, if not, you will have to wait until next week. When we get back...

FROM - Ishigaki Island. Yes, that is right, we have been on this little island paradise for about 4 months and we already need a vacation. :) No really, it is just a way to spend a little family time - pre-deployment and check out some of the great things these islands have to offer. AND - for those of you who don't know, Brad broke his ribs, so it will be a nice place for him to sit, read, drink and recuperate (not necessarily in that order).

So, here is where we take off to on thanksgiving day (I will now try to embed a map from google for you..)



View Larger Map

We are location A and Ishigaki is B. (Note Taiwan off to the west - apparentely Ishigaki is about 1/2 way between the two)

Now, usually I research vacation items till the end of time (most likely because we never take vacations...), however, when someone gives you a heads up that there is a Club Med, that offers decent deals AND child care... well, I didn't research a bit.

So, here is one of the links about Ishigaki. We hope to check out a lot of the local sites and maybe take in some snorkeling (Brad said, if Manta Rays were on the agenda, he will likely go WITH pain... that would be amazing). Otherwise, the plan is some great R&R, family time and lots of memories to share with all!

Wish you were here. We could go together. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comments:

TSHAA said...

Oh, I wish I was there too! I'm so happy for you guys that you get to get away! What did Brad do to his ribs? I hope he recovers quickly. I miss you!!