CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holidays' are the time for MUSIC!

This past weekend we had the honor of escorting Olivia to her second piano recital. If you remember, she began taking piano last spring and after taking a break over the summer, she started up with her fabulous teacher Melene again this fall.

Every year Melene has the kids put on a Christmas recital. We were all looking forward to it because Olivia has learned to read music this fall, and was tackling her Holiday music book with special zeal. She practices every day (without any argument at all!) and has progressively gotten better. She has now informed us that she wants to learn how to play the harp. (we told her that she had to learn to read music well and play the piano with some pretty good mastery and then we would support whichever instrument she would like to play. At least the girl has goals... I just keep trying to imagine a harpist in the school orchestra...)

Here she is, her two pieces, both alone and as a duet with her teacher Melene.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Olivia that was wonderful! What a good job. Thank you for sharing that with us. I see Olivia is wearing the outfit I sent ...Joe said I should get one for myself.

Anonymous said...

Olivia
I really enjoyed your piano recital. Congratulations on a job well done. I was singing right along with you and got in the Christmas spirit. Keep up the good work.


Aunt Marie

M Burns said...

Oh, my gosh, Olivia! That was very, very well done. I saw you knew the words - you should sing out while you play! Super good job.