So in preparation for our trip to Colorado, David (my bro) and I decided that we would "need" to take our dad some Graeter's Ice Cream. (Graeters is the best ice cream EVER and it started in my dad's hometown of Cincinnati). He checked into the airlines regulations on Dry Ice and we decided to take the plunge.
Equipped with 6 pints of fantastic ice cream we made our way to the airport. Feeling good about it, I popped my cooler up on the counter where the nice lady told me "you can't take this on the plane" - to which I exclaimed "WHAT??, I HAVE to" She proceeded to tell me that Dry Ice was allowed, but it needed to be in a vented cooler.
We asked if we could vent the Styrofoam with holes (the answer was no) and other ideas. Feeling grumpy about it, we checked our baggage and I headed to the USO (one nice perk about being military). The nice lady there tried to help us, but we realized quickly that the post office and local Fed Ex were already closed (it was Saturday afternoon). SO, after a long process we decided to leave the ice cream with the USO. (and I made sure to mention that the guy in there that had just gotten back from Iraq got first dibs).
All in all, the outcome was good, but still sad we never made it to Colorado with the hometown treat. :)
Thursday, June 25, 2009
The Ice Cream Saga
Posted by Kelly at 7:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment