CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happily, the sun has come back to visit!

It is late February. Now, I realize that there are many of you who have suffered through some of the most treacherous winter weather that the US has ever seen. I can't complain when I watch the news and hear about all of the inches... correct that... feet of snow. It is usually in the low 60's here through the winter, nighttime gets down to the 50's and we even get great spots of 70's every now and again. Sorry, I'm not trying to rub it in just wanting to express what our weather life is like...
So, for the past 10 days or so it has been gray and rainy. It was a funny reminder of our winter's in Oregon, actually. Where the gray settled in and I actually was able to function normally in the dreariness (I owe that completely to the vivid greenery everywhere in that glorious State).
Here, however... it was dreary. We were just WAITING for the sun... and today (actually a bit yesterday too) out she came. Glorious and lovely!!
So, we did what we always do on wonderful sunny days. We headed down the seawall to our favorite place (Daisy's of course), had some dinner and headed home. Here are some snapshots of our evening. I figure it was worth passing some of the sunshine your way!
Alessandra en route home. She is carrying a stick, a puppy, a flower and a Sweettart candy. I can't even tell you how many stops we had to make so she could re-gather her booty.

no words...

Go forth, and carry a big stick!

Our bike rider. Sorry it's a little blurry... action shot.

We don't have any visitor's signed up for this year... any takers??

2 comments:

Ruth said...

We are happy the blogs are back! Missed them.
The sunsets are incredible.
Would you really want repeat visitors? (We never got to really see Tokyo)
Grandfather and Granny

Kelly said...

Granny - you can't tease a girl like that. You are always, always welcome. Tokyo would love to have you too. We miss you!