CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Family Vacation

So, here we are. It's the night before our big trip. The luggage is packed (mostly), the girls are in bed and we are about to hit the hay also.

Vacation's are fun. Mostly. I remember so many wonderful trips with my families as a kid. Road trips, plane trips and just small trips to see the Grandparent's that were not so far away. Most memories are good, or maybe that is all that we choose to remember from them. In essence, I feel a greater appreciation for my parents now - yes, in general in life, but today, the appreciation is passed to them for giving me the opportunity to travel. We travelled. It opened so many doors and windows to the world - even though most of the travels of my youth were right in our own great Country.

I hope that our girls can some day appreciate all that it is we want to expose them to. There are so many wonderful places to see - and so many different ways of doing things. I hope that they are able to take some of these things with them on their journey. I also hope that it helps them find a love for travel - not International travel if they aren't interested, but my hopes are that they never just sit and focus only on their direct surroundings. So much perspective is gained from travel.

And onward we go. We will be heading to some of the most beautiful countries on planet Earth; Vietnam and Cambodia. I promise to come back and share some of this extraordinary experience with you!

Happy Trails!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

...travel is a classroom without walls. As you know my bags are always ready to go!
God speed, Bon Voyage-
Have a wonderful time and I wish I was there!
Our love-