CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cambodia - Day 2

After a rough night of sleep (due to the A/C again conking out on us and just being in yet another new place), we were scheduled to meet our guide after an early breakfast.

Another perk to a B&B - BREAKFAST. At Journey's Within, you place your order the night before and it is fresh and ready for you in the morning. Delicious food and OH, THE FRUIT. Yum.

Before I go any further (and before I go completely out of order), let me tell of the temples we visit in tomorrows encounters. (It will go better with the pictures).

We had one bad moment on this day. Our camera (which I have mentioned before) was taken when we were visiting Angkor Thom. Sad to say, it wasn't the camera I was sad about, but the photos of simply that day and the night before (because as you have seen, I had already downloaded our photos of Vietnam). The sites from that day were SO wonderful for us, that we decided to go back the next day and revisit them with our new camera so that we would be able to have some photographic representation of our visit.

So, here we are after the purchase of a new camera. Alessandra is thrilled, as you can tell.



Here is our jovial guide Sima




We were on our own this night. We took a tuk tuk into town for dinner (after a nap and a swim). Here are the girls and their daddy.

Oh yes, and I have also included a very windy video of out tuk-tuk ride. Not terribly interesting, but my favorite part is the driver with his helmet unbuckled. (and for the record, when he picked us up after dinner, there was no helmet at all... must be a "before dark" rule).

A lovely place for dinner. Brad and I pretended we were on a date, with fancy drinks.



The girls on our "date". We have yet to figure out how exactly they can run around right after dinner, but they happened to find a grassy area (or knoll if you will) in the restaurant. Who were we to not be rude foreigners and let them run? The few guests who were there had a good laugh (we were eating early) and the girls were happy (and sweaty) upon the return to the B&B.

0 comments: