CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Daisy's

If you have been reading my blog (or talked to me much) you have probably heard me mention Daisy's. If not, I will tell you about it now.

You know my love of all things food. Well, Daisy's has my favorite item on the island. Their speciality dish is called "Jasmine's Rice" and Brad's best description is of the thai plate rice he ate while in Thailand. We have had other things on the menu (well, I should note the kids have and Brad has... I however, have never ordered anything else). Anyway, this place is a little (for lack of a better term) beach shack. Worn down, dogs welcome and just plain old comfy, it is one of my favorite places here.

All in all, this post is for Brad. The last time I had talked to him we had heard that Daisy's was going to close for a month or so for renovations.. etc. This (I know) seems like no big deal, however, our friends (the Colvigs) are getting ready for visitors in the coming weeks and then I have visitors (Talyn and Sherrie) coming in April too. SO, having Daisy's closed would be super sad.

We went to Daisy's and as we were preparing to eat our "last meal" (at least for awhile) and Shu (the owner and chef of all things wonderful) let us know that they weren't closing to renovate and would be open for April. SO, life was happy.

Here we are at Daisy's. Alessandra, Nicole, Caden, Olivia and Cooper (and me of course) and our cheesy message to Brad about Daisy's. (and no, their voices do not normally sound like Star Wars characters). Oh yes, it is the little things.



Orion - for your happy time.

0 comments: