CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sushi Zen

As most of you know, food is probably the most exciting part of my world. I love to eat, try new things, cook and just be around good food. (possibly because with good food, usually goes good friends and good conversation).

I haven't posted on food in awhile. NOT because there aren't many options for posting, I just continually forget to take photos.

SO, today is a quick food post. It was "Parent's Night Out" this past Saturday night. I can drop the kids off from 5:30 until 10:30 (and usually I only have dinner out and then head back to get them). I had plans with my friend Angela (and her friend) this weekend, but as it often happens to all of us, coughing kiddo kept her from joining me. (We must do next month Ang!!) SO, as sad as that was, my friend Nicole (and the person I do most of my food hunting with) called and said her date night was off due to hubby getting another shift the next day. Sad for them, but good for me! She and I went to Sushi Zen.

Now, I have had a lot of sushi in my little tenure in Okinawa here. Okay, I don't eat it that often, but the choices are much more readily available than the 1 or 2 restaurants we have had at our access in the years past. This was one of the best presentations of the sushi that I have ever had. Behold... the Flower Roll. (And it tasted good too, a little mellow and not too flavorful, but the freshness was Divine!)

We ordered three rolls. In the middle was a yellow tail and scallion roll and on the end (with the little dollops of yumminess on top) was the Spicy Tuna Roll that is rivaling with my favorite Spicy Tuna on the island thus far.

As far as the ambiance of the place goes. A perfect date spot. It was a lovely night and I look forward to visiting again!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: