CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

There is hope for America...

One of the greatest things I remember about being in school or at summer camp was dutifully saying the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and participating in the freedoms of My America. As an adult the sentiment changed through the course of years and then I found myself working for (and then marrying into) the US Armed Forces. The American Flag, The Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights and the Pledge of Allegiance (among many other things) took a new meaning in my life. This meaning continues to change and develop as I get older and particularly as I became a parent.

One of the best things about Olivia's school (US Department of Defense, Public School) is that being an American and being patriotic is important to them. I have some issues with the curriculum in general, but this part of it warms my heart everyday.


Because in reality, it doesn't matter whether you believe in God or not or are a republican or a democrat. The reality is that in times of struggle, financial crisis, high health care costs and education that is questionable, WE are all still Americans.

There really is no country I would rather be a part of...

1 comments:

M Burns said...

um...oops.

Hear, hear!