So, it's official. I am in my mid-thirties.
I have happily made it to this pivotal age - it seems that the ages that end in "0" are the big ones, however, I tend to think that the mid number birthdays are just as big of a deal. It's like you are passing on from one end of the spectrum to the other - and it should not go overlooked.
I suppose there are many things I should know by now... and likely I do know some of them. BUT, I am happy to let you know that I don't know most of them and I love that I am continuing to learn and change as each year passes. The past year has taught me a lot. I know that I can single parent successfully (most of the time), that I can live overseas without skipping a beat and can travel back to the States (with 2 kiddos in tow) and love every moment with the people that I love. I have also learned how sad I can be while missing those that I love - both living in Okinawa and being away from my husband for a pretty large chunk of the year. I have also continued to learn how thankful I am that I have chosen the lifestyle that I have (or more accurately that WE have). The challenges that an ongoing nomadic military lifestyle places in your hands is truthfully - unable to be accurately described to those who have not undergone such a lifestyle on their own, but a lifestyle that will always bring me many more happy memories than sad.
Thank you to everyone who is a part of my life. Your support and love do not go unnoticed.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Happy Birthday to me!
Posted by Kelly at 8:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are always so inspiring to me! Happy Birthday to you again! Madi just was shocked that you are older than me :) You are an amazing person and great friend. When you are right down the street and when you are miles away. :)
Post a Comment