If anything is a constant in our lives here in Okinawa. It has been Karate.
Ryukoku Seidokan, the Honbu Dojo and Sensei Ron and Akemi Nix have been a wonderful addition to our lives here. Olivia and I both tested this past weekend for our 3rd Stripe (or 7th Kyu) on our Yellow Belts.
Here are Olivia and I while I am getting warmed up.
We both did some push ups. (note: Olivia's new PE teacher recently told the class that the girls could do "girl push-ups" to which Olivia now told me "I told all of my friends, that real girls to real push-ups." Love our tough girly girl.
Here is a video of Kelly (me) doing the kata we needed to do for this level. Wansu.
And, here I am afterwards, happy as a clam! :)
Between our testing times, we were able to watch a lot of really great classmates get their green and brown belts. As well as a Black Belt test for his 3rd Degree. Pretty amazing stuff.
Next up: Olivia!
And a good look at her Self-defense moves...
Here she is getting her third stripe put on.
HAPPY Girl!
The best part of this whole experience is that I have gotten to watch her REALLY grow. She practices almost every day and works really hard.
Here she is with her friend Mia
And with Christopher and Emily
And of course: With Sensei...
And this is a photo of Olivia with Marisa. It was Marisa's first time testing at a "big" test time. She did great!
1 comments:
Real girls do real push-ups...I LOVE it!!
Post a Comment