CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 years and counting...

Happy 4th Birthday to our Alessandra!

It's hard to believe she started out this small - so tiny, and so sleepy. I remember having to flick her little feet to wake her up to eat...

Who knew that she would then, not sleep well for the next 3 years of her life.

When she turned 1, her distinctive personality was already shining through. She took the longest I have ever seen ANY child take, to eat her cake. I think by the time this photo had been taken, we were all in conversation and the kids had already left the table. My favorite part of this - the eyebrow look. If you know Alessandra, you have seen it.


Alessandra turned two shortly after our move to Okinawa. She started preschool a few months after her birthday and continued to show us who was boss - particularly when it came to anything physical.

In truth, she is "small but mighty"

And here she is at 3. All smiles.



And here she is this morning. With big sister Olivia (before getting dressed, and still with crazy hair). Usually we wait until the evening to open presents, but hey, when you have a summer birthday, you have all DAY to play!

Happy Birthday sweet girl.

2 comments:

M Burns said...

Small But Mighty. That's a damn good tag line. She'll love that some day, I'm betting.

Happy Birthday, Mighty Girl!

TSHAA said...

Happy Birthday to a sweet little girl! I can't believe it has been four years since we brought our seconds into the world. Time sure does go by fast. So glad we got to see you girls this summer even if the time was brief! Love you all!