CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Did I tell you about Our "Caring Gecko" ?

One of the great things about being a parent is seeing your children succeed. Along with that goes the times when they don't - or when they think they don't.
It's no secret that Olivia is a sensitive kid. She takes so many things to heart and gets emotional when things aren't seeming to go her way. Every quarter the school host's an awards ceremony. There are a variety of awards given (once the kids are older, this is where honor roll awards are given out etc.) Every quarter (to date) our lovely lady hasn't been recognized. She stands up and cheers her friends on and is genuinely happy and excited for them, but once she comes home and lets her guard down, she spends that evening upset and teary at her own misfortune.
This quarter all that changed! Mrs. DeMeulenaere (otherwise known as Mrs. D) recognized Olivia with the "Caring Gecko Award" As she said why she chose Olivia (see below video) I teared up simply because first: I knew all that she was saying was true. and second: I knew how incredibly happy Olivia was going to be about it.

After the presentation I said thank you to Mrs. D for recognizing Olivia and she first told me that "she totally deserved that award" and then continued to tell me how she teared up while watching Olivia's reaction to her award. She was so excited and thrilled. I don't ever think I have seen her happier.
Second Grade Awards Recipients
 
Olivia getting ready to head back to her classroom. SO HAPPY!

1 comments:

Ruth said...

Olivia is a caring person with or without an award but I am glad she got the recognition she deserves.
That smile on her face says it all-
we love her dearly-
Grandfather and Granny