Sorry - Bad blogger Kelly forgot to put up photos and video of Olivia from back in October when she tested for her 3rd Stripe on her Green Belt.
Happily Brad was able to be at our testing that day. I also tested (and recieved) the third stripe on my green belt too.
Here is Olivia doing the Kata that she needed to perform. This is called "Kihon-Bo". It is a beginner Bo kata (one that Sensei and Brandon Nix came up with). In our style of Karate, we do learn how to use weapons, and the Bo is the first weopan we learn. (yes, that is my baby throwing around a big stick...)
Olivia and Mia
Another exciting thing that happened was our Sensei was given the opportunity earn his 9th Don (that is his 9th Degree) Black Belt. He didn't know that it was going to happen today (that is how "testing" is traditionally done). I did post this video on facebook, but it was worth putting on here too. He is one tough guy - and someone I am amazed by every time I see him perform.
And now what next, you ask? Well - we move onto the Brown Belt. In the kids classes, Sensei makes them take a testing cycle off (they have to perform 3 Kata's at the testing for Brown Belt). However, being an adult - if you can do it, he allows you to test at the next cycle - which for me is THIS WEEK! YIKES!! Wish me luck and hopefully I will have video for you coming up soon.
Another exciting thing that happened was our Sensei was given the opportunity earn his 9th Don (that is his 9th Degree) Black Belt. He didn't know that it was going to happen today (that is how "testing" is traditionally done). I did post this video on facebook, but it was worth putting on here too. He is one tough guy - and someone I am amazed by every time I see him perform.
1 comments:
Kelly, You will look great in a brown belt!
So happy for Olivia. Reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt, ... walk softly but carry a big stick.
Post a Comment