It's Cherry Blossom (or Sakura) season here in Okinawa. The weather turned lovely this weekend, so we decided to head up to Mt. Yaedake for a little tour of things lovely...
We stopped at a pull off to get some photos with some pretty buds... too bad my little buds weren't into the posing so much! :)
Higher up on Mt. Yaedake, a lookout point. It was lovely and you can see the Cherry Blossom trees all the way down the road. Just lovely.
Yep, that's the ocean way out there...
The drive up and back was PACKED with people. I think the nice weather and the fact that it was a Sunday made people come out to check the trees in full bloom. This is a shot on the way down the mountain.
Another shot from the way down, the trees were sometimes hitting the top of the van and the windows.
About halfway up there was a park. They had festival type food set up and a playground. We of course had to stop. That's Alessandra making her way back to the "big kids" playground.
Alessandra after climbing up a big hill to get to yet another roller slide.
Look! It's me! A self photo with some blossoms...
Olivia took this of Alessandra and I
And Olivia and I!
They had this little carnival ride set up there, so after much begging, I agreed to let the girls go on it. (who needs nature when you have mechanical fun?)
On our way out of the park, we passed Cameron, Nicole and the boys coming in.
On the way home (it was a long drive) we stopped on the side of the road to get our tootsies wet. It was a gorgeous day and the girls squealed with delight at the water. Alessandra kept saying "where my swimsuit?"
I just thought this was a nice shot of where we stopped today. I love the hills in the background.
2 comments:
Oh, the blossoms are so beautiful. Beautiful photos. Thank you.
Kelly, I love the fact that you are so willing to take all these fun field trips! Must be the recreation programmer in you
Post a Comment