CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Soccer Camp - oh yes, and more sunset's too.

Welcome to our Spring Break! We have started off strong with Olivia partaking in Soccer Camp all week long. (Yes, I DID have to explain what a "camp" was, aside from the obvious "camping in a tent in the woods." She did assure me after I explained what a camp was and that when she is older that she could go away to overnight camp, that, she will not be doing that. EVER "because your mom and dad can't go, why would I want to do that." I think I may need to quote her on that later.
Here is our little soccer girl (and her smaller sister) this morning on Day 2 (crazy hair day, thus the 7 ponytails in her hair). Complete with 3 band-aids on her knees from a fall yesterday. (note: Alessandra's band-aid is just for sympathy- no real boo-boo).

And here is our sunset from 2 nights ago. Sorry to do this to all of my loyal readers (what are there, 3 of you??) I just can't help it. They amaze me (almost) daily and I am so thankful every night that I get to close my day with this as my evening.



At some point, photos of my sunsets may get old to you, but for me... sorry, they just won't.

7 comments:

K Montandon said...

Olivia is one tough cookie. I think if I had that many bandaids...I may have given up on soccer!

TSHAA said...

Again, are you sure these are real and you aren't stealing them from somewhere else? ;) Olivia looks good in her soccer attire. Very cute sporty girl! Alessandra with her sympathy band aid...must be a 2 1/2 year old thing.

M Burns said...

Okay, the sunsets are beautiful, the girls are adorable, Olivia has fantastic 5-year-old lines (you absolutely should quote her) and Alessandra should wear a hood every day. All that cuteness! Olivia looks great with the shin guards and cletes (sp). Does she know her aunt Juli was a soccer queen?

Kelly said...

Thanks for your comments ladies! I would have to agree on giving up soccer due to boo-boos. (I believe that the potential of something being painful kept me from doing a lot as a kid). I also think that the sporty cuteness of kids in sports attire is the whole reason that parents want them to participate. If I had known that Olivia would be this cute, we would have had cleats and shin-guards at home years ago. Alessandra and her sympathy has continued on today - she added an additional band-aid to her other knee. :)

Miss you all!

Kelly said...

And yes, T, the sunsets are most definitely from here. My backyard actually. Ohh, wish you were all here, this place is fantastic.

M Burns said...

Oh, my gosh, the sympathy bandaids are hilarious!

Ruth said...

Grandfather wants to know if they roast marshmellows at this camp? Genetics, I think is a huge factor, well maybe not in this case. Tell Olivia it is very important to look the part and Alessandra already knows that.
And sunsets, who can tire of such beauty!