CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A visit with friends...

The time flew by... the last thing I remember is picking Talyn and Sherrie up at the airport and then all of the sudden, we were back there dropping them off ... where did the 9 days go?

Here is a brief recap!



The second day of their visit we were greeted with AMAZING weather. We hopped in the van (the Platypus as it has been named) and headed up north. Ocean Expo Park awaited us. Before we started checking things out, we stopped at a little Italian restaurant with a nice view.


Here are the girls in the fountains at the park. It was a lovely day!



Sherri and Talyn with a giant Shisa.



Little wet girls








We stopped in the "Traditional Okinawan Village" area of the park. It was great. The girls got to play some drums and we had tea, local brown sugar and learned how to play the sanshin (video to come)





Talyn's next career. Professional Sanshin player.




Outside a traditional Okinawan home




Check out these bamboo floors...




crooked tree





Banyan Tree



Outside of the aquarium - giant whale shark

We also went to Yomitan and the Village of Potters. It was a great way to spend the day and see some local art!

A little message on the wall of a restaurant in Yomitan (Pottery Village) about the Shisa.

This is the kiln for the village. It is traditionally built and the largest in the area.


Later on in the week we headed to Shuri Castle.



Heading into one of the gates (I can't remember the name)







Talyn and Sherrie outside of the main castle building



We stopped and had tea - it was great!


One night Talyn and I went out to dinner and Sherrie (our newest surrogate grandparent) watched the girls.


Here is Talyn with our groovy Sake pitchers. Warm Sake is yummy, and the pitchers were just super groovy.



I finally took a photo of what I eat EVERY time I go to Daisy's. THIS (above) is the fantastic Jasmine's Rice. Think Thai spicyness with a crazy egg on top (they put eggs on all kinds of things here). My favorite dish on the island. Served best with a cold Orion Beer.







Our airport visit. Sad to say goodbye to our friends - but we had OH so much fun!

2 comments:

Carrie Stuart said...

What awesome pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. I can't wait to try some of those places, too!

TSHAA said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! :) Missing you lots!