CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

6 year olds are the best...

Here she is. The fabulous 6 year old Olivia the morning of her birthday.

Still hard for be to believe that she started out like this.....



The highlight of today (aside from the obvious presents and being the center of attention for the day) was that it was Field Day at EC Killin (Olivia's school), SO the second half of the day would be spent outside...


The event started with a 1/2 mile run (I won't go into the details, but Coach Yost (the PE teacher) had suffiently freaked Olivia out about hurting herself - I think he had asked them to "be careful" while they were running. Well, she took it pretty literally and was a little skittish. All in all, she finished up just fine.



Here she is running with her best buddy from school, Alexa



Running around the tree (not sure why)

Who doesn't love a Slip-N-Slide?





They kids got split into groups. The mixed Kindergarteners with 1st and 2nd Graders. I think there was only 1 other Kindergartener on Olivia's team. She was with a pretty good group of mostly boys. Above - the tug of war...



Climbing the wall in the gym



Some of the fun water activities!



After school we came home and enjoyed some down time. Here is Olivia talking to Daddy on the phone yesterday afternoon. SO happy to hear from him!

This is a photo that Alessandra took. She is a bit obsessed with my camera, so I had to include this, because she actually got my face in the frame. I may need to do a post on all of the things she gets in the frame (think: floor, ceiling and toys).

Our little celebration. We will have cake tomorrow (Saturday) when we celebrate with friends, but I kept aside a couple of cupcakes from those we took to class so we could sing to her on her actual day. Happy Birthday Sweet Pea! We love you!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Thanks for including Olivia's baby photo. It brought back a lot of memories and a flood of tears...I can't explain that. Happy tears-Love to you all.

K Montandon said...

Love the fact that you are wearing a West Sound Teen Softball shirt in the picture with Olivia as a baby