So here it is, the night before the big day. Well... Olivia's big day that is. The BIG 6 years happens in the morning, and well, I am just not sure how I feel about it.
The funny thing is, we have been talking a lot about her birth this past few weeks. The similarity to where we were a mere 6 years ago is so surreal. I remember it like it was yesterday and having Brad in Iraq now, brings back the memory so clearly.
6 years ago. Pregnant, busy, working Kelly. Learning what being a Marine Wife was all about (because I really didn't know up until that year), going to my first Marine funeral, meeting Marines who had actually been wounded and becoming patriotic beyond my imagination.
Being at Naval Hospital, Camp Pendleton. My mom and best friend Jennifer being with me and having this amazing little person show up. She blew my mind - I remember not being able to grasp that I was a mom - that I, was now responsible for the life of another human being. That I could ever, ever love someone as much as I did at that moment.
I love her now. Still beyond words and still beyond my grasp of understanding. But this I know, the first 5 years with her have been an amazing experience. I think the next 5 will be even better.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Is she really turning 6?
Posted by Kelly at 9:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Aw, I just love this post Kelly! Time flies so quickly. I hope these kind of memories stay forever. Thanks for sharing. I miss you so! Crazy to think its almost been a year since you guys left! Miss you lots and hope things are well!
Post a Comment