CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Village - part 2


Coming down the walkway into the reservior area.



The wet season had not yet started, so it was green and wet, but not flooded.



Walking out into the marshy area. Rice being planted behind where Brad and Alessandra are



And we get onto a boat. Yep, a boat.

Boats - moving people, people moving.


Enjoying the ride


 
How many photos can we take while on a boat? Oh, yes. A lot.

This cute kid.




I think she may have found her calling. Boat kid.

Our boat driver. He was quiet, not sure what he thought really.

Until I saw his hat. Our very own Poppi Ron (aka Ronaldino). Made him smile.


Some local kids out on their canoe

We took a boat out to this small island in the middle of the lake. It had a temple/shrine that was important to the local villages. We got off of the boat and were approached by some guys peddling motorcycle rides (because it was easier than the mile long walk to the temple). SO, what do you do? 2 kids in tow?

You put them on a motorcycle of course! Brad and Olivia en route to the temple. (p.s. please don't call CPS on us). 




Motorcyles riding on sand...


Happy Kid (riding with Brad)


and what would the trip be without mommy and Alessandra on board another motorbike?


I don't want a pickle. I just want to ride on my motorcicle.

Once we arrived at our destination, we were "visited" by a slew of kids who were trying to sell us things. They walked with us all the way around the "island".



leaving the area with all of the kids and the motorcycle standing by.


Aiello's...moving...


Walking back to the boat.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

I think the real Alessandra is in her hat and riding on the back of a motorcycle.How cool is that? Olivia looks like she is having fun, too, and Brad?

M Burns said...

SERIOUSLY, Aaaaahhhlessandra has found her calling. She is going to be a woman of travel and adventure. She will be sailing around the world and docking to pick up her Vespa and travel to her tent somewhere. I can't wait to visit her. Except that I will be staying at a hotel with air conditioning and indoor plumbing.

I loved these pictures and the movie. I know you don't get this, but you all are so cool - in part because you are fearless. Since you are fearless, you don't know what I mean. Trust me.

Hugs and kisses to everyone!! And, of course, much love.

M Burns said...

And, also, could you tell us about those things around your neck that you and Brad have?

TSHAA said...

Great great pics! I love them all! What great memories for the girls and for you and Brad! I miss you and can't wait to see you this summer! Love you!!

Kelly said...

Thanks everyone. Yes, I think Alessandra is the crazy one - the teenage years look scarey from here.
Mary, the things around our necks are Kroma's. They are traditionally worn to take cover from the sun, hide from bugs, dry you off - think "do-rag" but in a much more fashionable way. :)