So we finally have a 2 year old in the house! Happy Birthday to Alessandra!
(sticker courtesy of big sister)We decided that since it was the weekend (and her birthday was on Monday) that we would celebrate the big day on Sunday (since in reality, she is still quite unsure of which day is which) and then we wouldn't be rushed for time after Brad got home on Monday night. The BIG celebration included: Mom, Dad, big sister and the birthday girl.
Mom made fancy chocolate cupcakes (with a little help from Betty Crocker's boxed recipe), and note here: Alessandra DID pick out which flavor, it went a little like this at the commissary last week:
"Okay, Alessandra (as I hand her both boxes of cake mix), do you want the yellow cake or the chocolate cake" her response:
"mmmm, choc-ate" (while hugging the said box and throwing me the yellow cake mix box).
A girl knows what a girl wants.
The day was pretty low key, Olivia and Brad went shopping and mom worked on making dinner (we figured that Alessandra would love Indian food for her birthday, so I made a yummy eggplant curry and homemade Naan bread). She did enjoy the naan, not the curry so much.
Celebrated with singing, a candle and cupcakes, a few presents and fun was had by all.
Getting a little adviceon the best opening strategy from Olivia
On her actual special day, I took the girls to a playgroup meetup at one of the local small waterparks. This place is located about 5 minutes from here and we had a great time (well, they did, I was watching to make sure theyu didn't drown, thus, it was not as much fun for me). Thankfully, one of Olivia's friends (marissa) made it and her mom renee helped me quite a but with the daredevilish 2 year old who has NO FEAR. You think I am saying that, but she truly is terrifying to be with - just jumping right off the side! (and she loved the big waterslide too)
The sunset last night - it was quite brilliant, so I think I may need to change the settings on my camera
3 comments:
You're such a good mother, Kelly!
I am glad to see the infamous birthday hat made it to Japan. As to "fearless" -it will make life exciting. And Alessandra is lucky to have you both as parents. Tell Olivia the sticker was a nice touch.
Happy Birthday to the little Birthday Princess! I thought of her and all of you yesterday as it was her day. Meant to get around to sending Birthday wishes but time slipped right by me. Sorry. Looks like everyone had a good time. I can't believe they are 2!!
Post a Comment