Hello everyone!
So, today's post is a bunch of random stuff. We have had a few pretty low key days, spending time indoors when it's hot and trying to get out a little, but the reality is - I am ready for school to start. It seems like this summer has gone on FOREVER, and we are in dire need of some routine. We are doing relatively well with this, but school will aid in less arguments between the girls and hopefully offer Olivia some well deserved social outlets (without her sister around), brain action and will hopefully allow Alessandra some time solo with mom and doing some of her own activities. Almost there.
Yesterday I ventured out with the girls to the Jusco (department store and more!). My intent was to purchase curtains for our bedroom, but that part didn't happen. We actually did have a pleasant time (with Alessandra's 2 year-old-ness, you just never know) and just browsed through so many fun things. (if you like Hello Kitty, this is the place for you!!)
Ah, I almost forgot the highlight to the day: Mister Donut. Inside the Jusco thre are a number of different places to eat including stands to pick up smoothies, octopus balls, rice snacks, a Starbucks, a McDonalds just to name a few). We parked out by the entrance to the Mister Donut, so on the way out Olivia said "mom, maybe we should get some donuts" (does she know what to say or what?). So, we stopped, it was right before lunch time, so I was planning on getting a couple of donuts to go, and then we found out.... THEY SERVE LUNCH. Noodle Bowls and Donuts. What could be better?
One of the things I like about Japan is all of the crazy organizational doo-dads that they have everywhere. There seems to be a tupperware container or bento box for just about everything possible, and although I haven't been in a Japanese kitchen yet, I would imagine they have the organization down to a T. Which brings me to what we purchased yesterday... Now, our kitchen, although nice and decent number of cabinets is a lot smaller than what we came from. It has taken me some time to adjust to cooking in a small space again, and since our dishwasher still isn't hooked up (we have a hot water pressure problem at the moment), we are doing a lot of handwashing. We are also lacking counterspace (and we don't even have a microwave yet).
So, here is what I found:
This contraption was actually 1 item to begin with and then you add the elements that you want. I love it! It isn't so pretty, and Brad REALLY doesn't like it, but it works for the function, and it makes me feel happy. SO, it will stay.
Here are a couple of photos here of our drainage system in the kitchen. We have no disposal (no one does) so there are these cage type things that catch all the goop. THANKFULLY someone told me about these bags you can buy to put in your "trap" to catch the goop and that way, you only have to pull out the bag and not the icky stuff all over your hands. Needless to say, since I cook so much, I am using at least 1 or 2 bags a day, but they make me happy too. So, they will stay.
And, lastly, some photos of our girls outside 2 nights ago with Alessandra on her "new" tricycle (it used to be Olivia's) and Olivia sporting her new helmet (complete with elbow and knee pads which cracked me up).
I like them both too, so they will stay.
3 comments:
Kelly, I totally dig all of your organizational and life-improving gadgets. How comforting to know that your issues are everyone elses and you live in a place where there is a fix for it. Awesome. I kind of like the way the levitating drainer looks, too!
What day does school actually start? I think most kids are back to school in N. Ky. and Cincinnati now (I can tell from the traffic).
And of course I LOVE the blog. I check it at least twice daily.
Kelly, I love the sink thing (organizational tower) It would be great in our trailer in the woods. But like son, father would hate it. So neither of us would stay. Noodles and donuts and gadgets-does life get any better?
Post a Comment