CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

All this and a bag of fruit!


Happy Day everyone!

All is well on the home front here. Today (Wednesday) was a pretty low key day for the Aiello clan. Yesterday we registered our KINDERGARTENER for school and today we had to go to the bus office to make sure she had her bus id. The bus stop is a few blocks away, but I am sure once we get started on a routine, all will be well. Olivia is very excited about school - she will be attending EC Killin elementary here at Camp Foster and they are the THE GECKOS. SO, once she found that out, she decided that everyone at one time in their life, should be a gecko. AND, thanks for LL Bean, we ordered a new lunchbox with a gecko on it. What could be better?


We are getting more and more settled every day. There is still SO much to do. The main minor changes are that our kitchen is a lot smaller than our house in Oregon and we don't have any linen closets. Other than that, the space itself doesn't seem to different in size. We also have an apartment with a dishwasher (well, space for a dishwasher). We bought one from another kind soul last night (gently used, they moved and coupldn't use it anymore), I haven't hooked it up yet (due to cowardly home-improvement issues and no time without small children underfoot). Therefore, a nice person from the Furniture store on base will be coming out to hook it up next week. I never realized how lazy I had gotten, but I really do NOT like to do dishes by hand. Argh.

Today I also took a plunge and bought some carpet squares for the living room. The carpet options on base are limited (be forwarned people who may come here). We brought every carpet/rug that we owned, BUT, our whole home is tile... thus needing more rugs. It already has made a difference in the look of the space (and the feel on the toesies). Brad will be surpised when he comes home.



And, last (but certainly not least). FRESH FRUIT AND VEGGIES. One benefit to living in tropical island paradise has got to be that you have the ability to have great produce. Now, living in Oregon made me a bit of a produce snob (man, do I miss those blueberries) and coming here I was excited about what we would find. At this point we have been to a few Japanese grocery stores and bought some local stuff, but time and kidlits have impended me from shopping at any markets yet. I found this great service that another spouse of military person had started called Fresh In Oki (http://www.freshinoki.com/). You email in your order and viola:



Gorgeous and fresh produce. How happy am I?

8 comments:

M Burns said...

How totally San Francisco of you to have food delivered to your house! Tres chic!

I am pretty sure that no matter what you put in your apartment, it would be cute as long as those two little girls were there looking adorable.

Evie said...

I never once regretted buying our dishwasher in Puerto Rico- only that I didn't do it sooner!

There are so many things that are reminding me of our move- tile, tile everywhere!! But we NEVER saw such beautiful produce. How wonderful that all looks!

Sara said...

Yeah, but does McDonald's deliver? I didn't think so. I know you wish you were me.

Just go back to your pretty view and good donuts already ;)

M Burns said...

Actually, how BG! Remember how you could get Spot's fries and pops (not sodas) delivered?? And movies!

M Burns said...

I am enjoying the new wallpaper! I like how it doesn't move, but you can scroll the writing down.

Ruth said...

Ditto Mary's comment about the wallpaper, I love it. As a farmer's daughter I do appreciate fresh local produce. But having it delivered to your door!(okay Joyce brought me some zucchini and left them on my kitchen counter-does that count?) Kelly, we just had some Hurley corn- I know it's not Ohio corn. But it was so sweet and tender. Oregon's bountiful berries! yummy! I am rationing your marionberry jam! I haven't shared it with Joe.
Joe and I are so very happy you all are happy. Keep these blogs coming we love them.

TSHAA said...

How cool to have the produce delivered! Wish I could e-mail you over some Oregon Blueberries. Sure wasn't the same picking them without you this year!

TSHAA said...

And, Kelly, I love the look of the apartment with the carpet squares. Very "homey" looking!