CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just a post...

It's Wednesday night. I am watching The Today Show (your Wednesday morning) to keep myself somewhat updated on what is going on in the USA. Fortunately I have access to seeing news as you see it, UNfortunetly, every night it is the Today Show. No offense to Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira, but it just really doesn't do it for me. I do have to say, the most fun part of the Today Show is during Al Roker's weather section, when he goes to your local weather section, we don't get it, so we often hear him talking to other people, clearing his throat, singing and more. As of late (someone must have told him we could hear it) he says ' and hello to all of our friends on AFN (Armed Forces Network). It was so much more fun before he knew.

SO, on that note. I hope you are all warm and dry. It looks like the East Coast is getting hit hard again and the PNW is getting hit with rain. Of all winters, I suppose this was a good one to miss!

We are all well. Back in the swing of things I suppose. The girls started back to school on Monday and reacted happily. They have been pretty tired at the end of each day, but I think they are thankful to be back.

Our new "normal" (i.e. without Daddy home) will begin this weekend. The girls seem to be handling the news okay. Olivia has been working on a VERY long paper chain (1 ring for every deployment day) that we will ceremonially rip one off every night. She has been spending a lot of time snuggling, dancing, and just being with Brad. The big news for her this week is that she gets to be a part of "Club USA" which is a program that her school puts on for kids with deployed parents (they meet with the guidance counselor as a group once a week to talk about everything, draw, just be with other kids going through the same thing). She was pretty happy to know that there ARE other kids who have a parent gone (I don't think she actually realized that) and that she will get to be with them in a "club". I hope that it gives her more tools in how to deal with her feelings on it all (and maybe make a good friend or two to boot!).

Alessandra seems to understand what is going on (I need to give her much more credit, she is incredibly perceptive). She has been pretty clingy with me the past few weeks (not only when she was sick). 2 year old's are an anomaly to me. Just when I think I have figured her out, she throws another tantrum my way. She is amazingly independent and fiercely opinionated. I am sad that Brad will miss the next few months of her development, however, they are bound to be a tough few months, SO, I hope that he comes home to a little person who is better at communicating and not quite so mommy needy.

As for me. I am okay too. I will be terribly sad the day we take Brad to the airport. I have really enjoyed the quality time that we have had as a family in our new island home. I appreciate that even more now as the girls and I will continue our exploration and have to share it with Brad the way we do all of you. I will miss having him home.

Brad seems okay too. He has had a lot of sleepless nights this week, pre-deployment anxiety and the constant lists going on in his head. He has packed and repacked his sea bags and pretty much has everything ready to go. As I write, he is raiding the DVD drawer (he is bringing Star Wars, Duncan!) and coming up with things (other than his Command and Staff studying) to do in his free time. I will pass on his address as soon as I get it. Until then, he will be available on email (let me know if you want his email address, I don't want to post it here) and also via Skype on occasion.

We thank you for your continued support not only of Brad and our family, but all of the Service Members and their families serving in the US Military. It is greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

"Godspeed"...
The paper chain seems like a great project. Let us know what we can do or send-
Our love, Dad and Ruth

TSHAA said...

Thinking of you all always and keeping you in our prayers. Love you!