One of the things you may or may not know about Japan is the love of recreation. They love the outdoors (particularly Okinawans), they love their baseball and they love their parks.
We had heard about the infamous "roller slides" around Okinawa. Yes, you know, remember your playground at elementary school and getting your fingers pinched.. OH YES, that is what I am talking about! (only bigger... really big!)
Today the girls and I (and one of their surrogate big brother's Cooper) headed to one of the parks closest to our house that we had yet to visit.
This is Alessandra, with her new lunch box (with snacks inside) watching the slide and not sure if she is going to participate or not...
This is the stairway up to the beginning of the slide. I can see why she was a bit nervous and unsure of the whole situation. Crazy tall action.
Here is the first run by Cooper and Olivia. You can see them coming down Cooper in front and Olivia in the brown behind.This picture cracks me up. I was trying to get to Cooper on time and only caught the side of him. I had to share it though, it cracked me up. Olivia is up behind him and she was a little weary the first time, but quickly became a pro.
Here are Alessandra and I. We hit the slide and Cooper ran to get the camera. It came out a little blurry, but I am trying to get in more photos, so it had to be shared. Oh yes, and Alessandra loved it. Here is Cooper with Alessandra and Olivia. After Alessandra and I had gone down twice, she wanted NOTHING to do with mommy helping her, so like the good mom that I am... I let her try it alone. She did fine until she was about 1/3 of the way down (and then Olivia came right after her). They had a little slow down issue and Cooper climbed up (yes, up) the slide and helped them out. I definitely owe him an ice cream.
Break time. Cheesy of the girls
Here is Alessandra on one of her MANY successful slide runs. I think she may sleep really well tonight.
Here is Cooper climbing up the slide
Finally a natural, smiling shot of Alessandra. These are hard to get, so I just love this one!
And Olivia. She started saying "Rock And Roll" to me every time she came down. Not sure where that came from, but it was cute all the same. A little while later Caden and Nicole joined us at the park, we played some more and headed out for dinner. Have I mentioned the most amazing food here? I love food.
See, another reason for you to come visit. You too can go on a really fun roller slide, and eat good food.
3 comments:
Alessandra is fearless.
Kelly, what an adventure for you !
Wish we were there.
So, tell us - did Alessandra sleep really well that night?
yes, yes, slept all night.
I think we may need to do this daily.
Post a Comment