CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sleep well little children...

In the eve of Brad's departure, he gifted the children little "mini me's". They each got their own little "Hug-A-Hero" from dad. A great company and idea that was started by 2 Marine Wives looking for a tangible tool to help their children cope with deployment. We were immediately taken by how happy the girls were with their new "daddy's" and even last night as Brad cuddled Olivia asleep, she was looking at it and hugging it and he had to say "Olivia, I am right here - hug me!!" :)

Here is our little family this morning before we left for the airport. I got a better one of Alessandra, but it sort of chopped Brad's hair off (the camera slipped).

Brad with baggage. He only totalled 4 sea bags. They weighed A LOT!

Posted by PicasaOlivia standing with the baggage cart. It was a chilly 52 degrees this morning!


Walking with daddy through the Naha airport - which has some of the BEST Okinawa shopping ever.

Alessandra was enjoying her moment with daddy and I rudely interrupted. She was not so happy about it.

And of course, our smiling 5 year old. We can take a photo of her about anytime.

So, the departure was okay. The weather today was rough - REALLY windy and chilly. Brad left around noon our time (and I found out later his flight was delayed by about 45 minutes). We spent a little over an hour at the airport with him (they have a great play structure there) and then said our teary goodbyes. It was quite surreal and sad to know he will be so far away from us!

The rest of our day was low key and just hazy. The girls seem okay, they didn't want me going to "Parent's Night Out" tonight, so I obliged. It will be an interesting transition, but hopefully we will get through it smoothly.

This was tonight when I went to go turn off the light in the girls room. Olivia was fast asleep snuggling with daddy and Alessandra, who has taken to sleeping on my floor for the time being, she cuddled up with him too. Posted by Picasa

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

TSHAA said...

I love the Hug a Daddy pillows. What a great idea. Very sweet pictures. I forgot to mention that I love your bangs!! :)

M Burns said...

those pillows are too cute - and so is your family.

I, too, totally dig the bangs.

It was fantastic to talk to you!!

Hugs to you, friend.

Ruth said...

Love the Daddy "HUG" dolls. I think Joe would like one for our den.(along with all the other USMC items)
You are the BEST!