After living in Okinawa, I have a fondness for their parks. To most Americans, the parks would be nervewracking at the beginning, due to the lack of safety features in the play structures. No foamy padding to fall upon, and watching kids actually sliding down slides made of cement (yes, you did read that correctly).

We joined on of Olivia's friends (and her mother) at a park that was new to us. Complete with large cement slide, awesome climbing structures and super fast slides that the Okinawan kiddos with nylon shorts on would actually slide so fast, their bodies would come up off the slide. Nothing better than a good Okinawan park day.
Above is the cement slide at the park (that is Olivia in the red).
Here is the fantastic climbing structure. You can see Olivia and her friend Marissa up on the higher climbing area. I think that is Alessandra on the lower part, but not positive.
We joined on of Olivia's friends (and her mother) at a park that was new to us. Complete with large cement slide, awesome climbing structures and super fast slides that the Okinawan kiddos with nylon shorts on would actually slide so fast, their bodies would come up off the slide. Nothing better than a good Okinawan park day.
Above is the cement slide at the park (that is Olivia in the red).
Here is the fantastic climbing structure. You can see Olivia and her friend Marissa up on the higher climbing area. I think that is Alessandra on the lower part, but not positive.
Alessandra climbing up from where I was standing. Making her way to be "faster" than the Okinawan kiddo next to her. Little competitive spirit.
1 comments:
Seriously! The parks are so cool looking. Nothing I have ever seen around here thats for sure! that looks so FUN!!
Post a Comment