We did it!
The weekend in general was a whirlwind with an earthquake waking us up on Saturday morning and a tsunami warning on Sunday. Our Karate testing began on Sunday morning, so it was smack dab in the middle of a just crazy couple of days.
It was a wonderful day. The adults all tested in the morning and the kids followed suit.
It was so wonderful to see my classmates after all of their hard work - be greatly successful. I feel thankful to be a part of this experience. They have all taught me so much about myself - and things that I never thought I would/could know.
The kata that Olivia and I had to perform was Seisan. This kata is one of the oldest in karate of all forms (and if you look it up on youtube.com it looks a little different with each person that performs it.
Here I am:
I felt good about my performance (although I was REALLY nervous).
Here is Olivia:
She did wonderfully. It's hard to tell sometimes, but she really does KNOW her kata.
Because of the tsunami warning, we didn't get to take too many other photos. I did get a couple...
Friday, March 5, 2010
Green Belt Girls!
Here are all of the adults that tested this past weekend.
My friend Cinda and I both received our Green Belts
Alessandra and mommy
Olivia shaking hands with all of the Black Belts
Receiving her Green Belt
Here is what little sister's do during karate testing. Playing Doctor I think - Lauren (on the left) was the doctor and Alessandra and Sophia were the patients.
Karate Kids!
Happy Day for all!
Posted by Kelly at 9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kelly and Olivia, you are SUPER AWESOME! I am beyond impressed with your skills. This all takes real dedication. Well done!
oh poop. i wish i'd have still been there, i was running to pack for the huge tsunami.
kelly, you kick ASS. seriously. that was amazing and i'm jealous.
thanks for sharing those - i have a few to share with you of Olivia - will do soon!
Post a Comment