All the way from Washington D.C. to here in Okinawa. We were visited by The Commandant's Own - Drum and Bugle Corps and Silent Drill Platoon. Brad, Olivia and I saw this special performance a few years ago at Camp Pendleton and yesterday the girls and I went to see an evening performance.
In the audience were veterans of Iwo Jima. Honored to be in the same audience as they were.
I didn't capture many "good" photos of the actual event. You can check out my facebook page and I put a link to photos that my friend Aviva took that were splendid.
The girls enjoyed the event. Olivia said that her favorite part was "all of it" and Alessandra particularly liked the band. Here she is dancing (or rather jumping) to the music. I think she jumped up and down for the entire performance.
Friday, March 5, 2010
The Commandant's Own
Posted by Kelly at 10:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can SO relate to Alessandra. I LOVE me a good marching band! And these guys are the BEST!
An appreciation for a marching band, USMC band no less, shows good character. The dancing was the best - I love such rapt attention that she just stumbled around. Pretty cute!
Love that! And love that you got her dancing to HAIR...hahaha. I didn't know you were right behind us pretty much. Glad you went, it was so fabulous. Mia loved it too!
Post a Comment