The girls love the water (although Olivia now has a new unfounded fear of the "crab holes" in the sand), Olivia still a little unsure of her swimming ability really loves the little innertube thing. Alessandra on the other hand, isn't so keen on it (although I make her use it) and her favorite thing to do is stand with the water up to her chest and then stand with it up to her neck.. and then (and yes, this is true) she walks into the water deeper. Thankfully when she does this, I am nearby and keep her from the risky "David Blaine" stunt lifestyle.
These photos are from the beginning of the beach day today - I was a little nervous about breaking out the camera post swim, as the sand had eeked its way into just about everything...
This is Alessandra in her new swim cap. We bought it because we have seen a lot of Japanese kids wearing them, and we figure maybe it will keep her from getting her noggin burnt. It lasted on her head for about 1/2 the beach experience.
You can't hear what she is saying (yes, obviously Kelly), but it goes something like this "mom, do you see any crabs in here? how about their holes?" "no, Olivia, I don't see any crab holes today", "that's good, maybe they all got fished out of here for someone's dinnner"
3 comments:
Thanks Kelly for the story of the Beautiful Swimmers...
I love the desciption of Alessandra's water adventure-self-destruction @ age 2. Good thing you don't have a motorcycle.Wish I was there to chase away the crabs for Olivia, better yet, eat them. (If I remember correctly. there is a book entitled Beautiful Swimmers which is the story about Chesapeake Crabs.)
We also are off to the beach, Charlestown, RI. However, the water is so cold you need a wet suit to enjoy it. Hopefully, Hurricane Hanna will not erode the beach too badly. Love you and miss you.
Your girlies are so adorable! I just want to gobble them up. In a good way, of course ;)
Miss you SO much!
Oh, my gosh, will you please email me a picture of Alessandra in her swim cap? That is a keeper forever.
Crabs are kind of creepy - I think Olivia is sensible to be suspicious.
Miss you and love you, Kel!
Post a Comment