CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Connected at last...


Just had to throw in a photo of tonight's sunset. It was really gorgeous and makes me have to pinch myself in reminder that "no kelly, you are not on vacation and yes, you must clean the toilets" Ahh, where is my live-in maid when I need her?

This week went quickly. Olivia finished her first 1/2 week off on a bumpy road. She isn't too sure what she thinks of this whole Kindergarten thing, but we are certain next week will be better and things will smooth out. Alessandra also made it through the week without her big sister around (although, she asked about her all day long - which was really cute, and had to tell everyone that "sissy go kool"). We started a Mommy and Me class (her first one ever - poor neglected second child). It just put a few more blocks together in our little world here and reminded me that our new "normal" is just that - NEW.


I took this photo this morning at the school bus stop. Here are the girls with our new sun umbrellas - the sun is SO HOT here, so we decided to go local and carry umbrella's everywhere for instant shade. It makes me wish I hadn't packed this super groovy umbrella Ruth got for me last year with Monet style art on it - it would have been PERFECT here... cool and fun umbrella's are a must (or, so are cheap, functional ones that the kid can carry)


Today I also went out with one of my new friend's Nicole. We had planned to go on this tour of local grocery stores, but apparentely the date was messed up and it is on Monday. SO, we decided to check some more food stuff out on our own. We wandered around the food department of Jusco for about an hour and figured out what most of the meat was and the fish. The rice is a little tougher (since it is packed in huge bags with Kanji writing on it), and when it comes to a lot of the packages stuff, you just hope you can see through the container or there is a picture on the front. All in all, I love grocery stores of any kind, so it is just fun.


Here is the last photo of the post for today. It is a bit blurry (I still had the camera on "sunset" mode), but I thought it was cute and wanted to pass it on. Brad leaves tomorrow for a couple of weeks in another part of Asia and the girls and I plan on being adventurous in our own right. SO, don't be a stranger and check back soon!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Enjoy your adventures. When my Father was away,(working or whatever) my Mother always served us TV dinners. My sister and I thought that was such a treat! I think noodles in Okinawa sounds a lot better. I know you will miss Brad but it all sounds very exciting.

M Burns said...

Oh, my gosh, Ruth, your story made me remember the days when my sister and I looked forward to TV dinners! I remember the fried chicken was the best and that brownie of sweet apples at top made it too good...even if one of those kernels of corn got into the dessert. Good stuff!

Good luck with the girls while Brad's away, Kelly!